The British Media, Cheerleaders for Austerity

Julien Mercille, Truthout: A new report by the University of Dublin proves that media coverage of finances in the UK since 2010 has overwhelmingly supported austerity measures, leaving dissenting voices, like that of The Guardian, out in the cold.

Protecting Mainstream Journalists Only?

J. Andrés Araiza, It isn't the 1% that requires more protection. It s journalists and the rest of us: the 99%.

Austerity Blitz: Eurozone Notes From Beyond the Grave

C. J. Polychroniou, Truthout: Tough austerity measures imposed by the EU, without any consideration for the damage such policies inflict on human lives and the social fabric of societies in general, have generated a profound economic and social crisis which is undermining the European integration project on the whole.

Austerity Discredited, Not Defeated, Time to Fight for Jobs and Growth

Roger Hickey, Campaign for America's Future: Austerity has been intellectually discredited in recent months. But conservative spending cuts still dominate policy.


UK: Homelessness reaches five year high

''Behind these numbers are thousands of families up and down the country who have lost the battle to stay in their homes. In these tough times more and more people are struggling to pay their housing costs, but changes to housing benefit mean the safety net that prevents families from losing their homes if they become ill or lose their job is no longer sufficient to catch them.''

From Information Clearing House

Trackback URL:

User Status

Du bist nicht angemeldet.



Aktuelle Beiträge

What's the purpose of... ts-the-purpose-of-the-phra se-chinese-virus-182000816 .html
Starmail - 23. Mär, 05:55
Coronavirus Means America...
https://nationalinterest.o rg/blog/skeptics/coronavir us-means-america-really-br oke-trump-should-get-hell- out-syria-135932
Starmail - 23. Mär, 05:52
Covid-19 has taken away...
Starmail - 23. Mär, 05:50
Death by Virus and Internal...
Starmail - 23. Mär, 05:48
Climate Science Deniers... les/climate-science-denier s-are-also-downplaying-cov id-19-risks/?eType=EmailBl astContent&eId=ab7a7e95-6d c2-48bd-8348-286dea7ccc0c
Starmail - 22. Mär, 22:17


Online seit 787 Tagen
Zuletzt aktualisiert: 23. Mär, 05:55


powered by Antville powered by Helma

  • xml version of this page

Animal Protection - Tierschutz
Australia - Australien
Big Brother - NWO
Canada - Kanada
Civil Rights - Buergerrechte - Politik
Cuts in Social Welfare - Sozialabbau
Death Penalty - Todesstrafe
Environment Protection - Umweltschutz
... weitere
Weblog abonnieren