Hunger Stalks America: Arizona, Arkansas and Texas

According to a new report by Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families released in March, the child poverty rate in the state is 26.8 percent and has grown 2 percent in the last 10 years.

The Poor are Getting Poorer. Is It Time to Raise the Minimum Wage?

Income inequality is here to stay, unless something radical changes that will give working class families a larger slice of the pie.

A teen with a job becomes a rarity in US economy

Only about 25 percent of 16- to 19-year-olds currently are working, a drop of 10 percentage points from just five years ago, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

House GOP Plans To Cut 25 Percent From Programs 'Directly Benefiting The Poor' To Protect Military Budget

The Republican-led House this week will takes up legislation to slice $261 billion from food stamps, Medicaid, social services and other programs for struggling Americans over the next decade to stave off more than $50 billion in military spending cuts scheduled to take effect next year.

100 Million Working Age Americans Do Not Have Jobs

The federal government considers those Americans to be ''not in the labor force'' so they are not included in the unemployment rate. In fact, this is one of the key ways that the government manipulates the unemployment numbers.

The 86 million invisible unemploye: Chart

Young people between 16 and 24 make up another fifth. More than half don t have a college degree and more than two thirds are white.

Many Fortune: 500 Firms Pay Less in Income Taxes Than You

American citizens collectively pay higher income tax rates than General Electric, Boeing, DuPont, and countless other companies.

House Votes to Cut Food Stamps to Avoid Defense Reductions

The U.S. House voted to cut food stamps, federal workers' benefits and other domestic programs to avoid scheduled reductions in defense spending.

Preying on the Poor

How Government and Corporations Use the Poor as Piggy Banks

By Barbara Ehrenreich

The trick is to rob them in ways that are systematic, impersonal, and almost impossible to trace to individual perpetrators.

From Information Clearing House


How CEO Compensation Is Fueling Inequality

GOP, Dems 'Play Chicken' with Student Loan Rates in US Senate

No One Hears the Poor

UNICEF: US Among Highest Child Poverty Rates in Developed Countries


The Battle Over CEO Pay: When the Top 1 Percent Take on the Top 0.01 Percent

Salvatore Babones, Truthout: ''By all accounts, America s corporations are doing better than ever. Corporate profits are at all-time record highs. Corporate taxes are at record lows. So, why are the top 1 percent so angry? It may be because America s ever-rising inequality has finally caught up with them.... They are not used to making sacrifices. As the top 1 percent start to share at least some of the indignities suffered by the other 99 percent, it is likely that their quiescence about rising inequality will start to change.''


Duped by Congressional Lies

Trackback URL:

User Status

Du bist nicht angemeldet.



Aktuelle Beiträge

Afghanistan May Forever...
https://www.commondreams.o rg/views/2021/08/31/afghan istan-may-forever-be-grave yard-empires?utm_term=AO&u tm_campaign=Daily%20Newsle tter&utm_content=email&utm _source=Daily%20Newsletter &utm_medium=Email
Starmail - 1. Sep, 05:15
The Crimes of the West...
https://www.commondreams.o rg/views/2021/08/19/crimes -west-afghanistan-and-suff ering-remains?utm_term=AO& utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsl etter&utm_content=email&ut m_source=Daily%20Newslette r&utm_medium=Email
Starmail - 20. Aug, 05:11
Greed and Consumption:...
https://www.commondreams.o rg/views/2021/08/13/greed- and-consumption-why-world- burning?utm_term=AO&utm_ca mpaign=Daily%20Newsletter& utm_content=email&utm_sour ce=Daily%20Newsletter&utm_ medium=Email
Starmail - 14. Aug, 05:42
Wisconsin on Track for...
https://www.commondreams.o rg/news/2021/08/12/wiscons in-track-another-wolf-slau ghter-sparking-calls-feder al-protections?utm_term=AO &utm_campaign=Daily%20News letter&utm_content=email&u tm_source=Daily%20Newslett er&utm_medium=Email
Starmail - 13. Aug, 05:35
No Senate Recess Until...
https://www.commondreams.o rg/views/2021/08/06/no-sen ate-recess-until-voting-ri ghts-protected?utm_term=AO &utm_campaign=Daily%20News letter&utm_content=email&u tm_source=Daily%20Newslett er&utm_medium=Email
Starmail - 7. Aug, 05:46


Online seit 1398 Tagen
Zuletzt aktualisiert: 1. Sep, 05:15


powered by Antville powered by Helma

  • xml version of this page

Animal Protection - Tierschutz
Australia - Australien
Big Brother - NWO
Canada - Kanada
Civil Rights - Buergerrechte - Politik
Cuts in Social Welfare - Sozialabbau
Death Penalty - Todesstrafe
Environment Protection - Umweltschutz
... weitere
Weblog abonnieren