Betreff: Mercury warning over Compact Fluorescent Lights

Von: Dorothee Krien

Datum: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:31:19 +0100


Here's another article on mercury.

NewsTarget Insider Alert (



As consumers rush to adopt energy efficient lighting through the use of Compact Fluorescent Lamps, no one is telling them the truth about the dangerous levels of mercury in these lights. A single fluorescent light contains enough mercury to contaminate 6,000 gallons of fresh water. If you break one in your home, you'll release mercury vapor and require a hazardous materials cleanup that can cost you $2,000 or more. The mercury in fluorescent lights is poisoning landfills and underground water reservoirs all across the country, and the more people keep buying these mercury-containing lights, the more toxic the environment will get.


Today's feature story tells the shocking truth about what consumers aren't being told: There's mercury in compact fluorescent lights, and mercury is one of the most neurotoxic substances known to modern science. Simply breaking a single fluorescent light in your home can expose you and your family to dangerously high levels of this heavy metal that has been linked to autism, Alzheimer's disease, birth defects, learning disabilities, behavioral disorders and accelerated neurological degeneration.


Read today's story for the full scoop. (See below.)


FULL DISCLOSURE DISCLAIMER: Out of frustration over all the mercury found in fluorescent lights (plus the enormous waste of energy from using incandescent lights), I recently founded, a manufacturer of mercury-free energy efficient lighting products based on LED technology. I do have a financial stake in the success of LED lighting products, but more importantly, I have a strong humanitarian interest in helping consumers avoid toxic mercury exposure while saving money and the environment through energy-efficient lighting. We've recently added a new line of more affordable LED lights, all of which are 100% mercury free and use only 10% of the energy consumed by regular light bulbs. Regardless of whether LED lighting is right for you, please think twice before buying fluorescent lights -- they ALL contain mercury. They are extremely toxic to the health of humans and the environment. If you do buy fluorescent lights, please, please dispose of them properly, through mercury recycling centers (if you can even find one in your community).


Environment: Compact fluorescent light bulbs contaminate the environment with 30,000 pounds of mercury each year
A compact fluorescent light is a type of energy-saving bulb that fits into a standard light bulb socket or plugs into a small lighting fixture, and right now, compact fluorescents seem to be gaining in popularity. But did you know they can also be toxic...

To your health,

- Mike Adams



Truth revealed about Big Pharma and the FDA (+ remedies for 100 health conditions!)

My latest book, Natural Health Solutions, reveals the truth about the FDA and Big Pharma, documenting the censorship, oppression of natural health, and the "planned diseasification" of the American public.

The book also reveals natural treatments and cures for over 100 common health conditions (and diseases) using foods, herbs and natural therapies.

"Mike Adams is leading the charge to protect your rights to have control over your body. Natural Health Solutions is a must read for anyone that wants to maintain their health and their health freedom." - Gregory Kunin, Co-Founder, Ola Loa

The NewsTarget Insider is published by Truth Publishing, which is solely responsible for all content. Truth Publishing International, Ltd. 12F-4, No.171, Sec. 4, Nanjing E. Rd., Songshan District, Taipei 105, Taiwan