Betreff: [IPCUSA] Fwd: A Career In Microbiology Can Be Harmful To Your Health
Von: Biophilos
Datum: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:50:45 -0500

A Career In Microbiology Can Be Harmful To Your Health
(Revised - updated)



Michael Davidson, FTW staff writer
and Michael C. Ruppert

[Copyright 2002, From The Wilderness Publications, 
<>, All rights reserved. May be 
recopied, distributed for non-profit purposes only; May not be posted on
an Internet web site without express written authorization. Contact
<> for permission.]

[ED. NOTE: As FTW has begun to investigate serious discussions by
legitimate scientists and academics on the possible necessity of reducing
the world's population by more than four billion people, no stranger set
of circumstances since Sept. 11 adds credibility to this possibility than
the suspicious deaths of what may be as many as 14 world-class
microbiologists. Following on the heels of our two-part series on the
coming world oil crisis, this story by Michael Davidson, a graduate of the
Syracuse University School of Journalism, is one which takes on a unique
significance. In our original story we incorrectly reported the original
date of disappearance of Don Wiley and two other microbiologists. These
errors have been corrected and we have updated the story to include new
deaths that have occurred since we published an earlier version on Feb.
14. The newest connections to DynCorp, Hadron and PROMIS software are
leads an amateur would not miss. How else would any microbiologists
threatening an ultra secret government biological weapons program be
identified than by secretly scanning their databases to see what they were
working on? -- MCR]


FTW -- Feb. 28, 2002 -- In the four-month period from Nov. 12 through Feb.
11, seven world-class microbiologists in different parts of the world were
reported dead. Six died of "unnatural" causes, while the cause of the
seventh's death is questionable. Also on Nov. 12, DynCorp, a major
government contractor for data processing, military operations and
intelligence work, was awarded a $322 million contract to develop, produce
and store vaccines for the Department of Defense. DynCorp and Hadron, both
defense contractors connected to classified research programs on
communicable diseases, have also been linked to a software program known
as PROMIS, which may have helped identify and target the victims.

In the six weeks prior to Nov. 12, two additional foreign microbiologists
were reported dead. Some believe there were as many as five more
microbiologists killed during the period, bringing the total as high as
14. These two to seven additional deaths, however, are not the focus of
this story. This same period also saw the deaths of three persons involved
in medical research or public health.

- On Nov. 12, Benito Que, 52, was found comatose in the street near the
laboratory where he worked at the University of Miami Medical School. He
died on Dec. 6.

- On Nov. 16, Don C. Wiley, 57, vanished, and his abandoned rental car was
found on the Hernando de Soto Bridge outside Memphis, Tenn. His body was
found on Dec. 20.

- On Nov. 23, Vladimir Pasechnik, 64, was found dead in Wiltshire,
England, not far from his home.

- On Dec. 10, Robert Schwartz, 57, was found murdered in his rural home in
Loudoun County, Va.

- On Dec, 11, Set Van Nguyen, 44, was found dead in the airlock entrance
to a walk-in refrigerator in the laboratory where he worked in Victoria
State, Australia.

- On Feb. 8, Vladimir Korshunov, 56, was found dead on a Moscow street.

- And on Feb. 11, Ian Langford, 40, was found dead in his home in Norwich,


Prior to these deaths, on Oct. 4, a commercial jetliner traveling from
Israel to Novosibirsk, Siberia was shot down over the Black Sea by an
"errant" Ukrainian surface-to-air missile, killing all on board. The
missile was over 100 miles off-course. Despite early news stories
reporting it as a charter, the flight, Air Sibir 1812, was a regularly
scheduled flight.

According to several press reports, including a Dec. 5 article by Barry
Chamish and one on Jan. 13 by Jim Rarey (both available at
<>, the plane is believed by many in
Israel to have had as many as five passengers who were microbiologists.
Both Israel and Novosibirsk are homes for cutting-edge microbiological
research. Novosibirsk is known as the scientific capital of Siberia, and
home to over 50 research facilities and 13 full universities for a
population of only 2.5 million people.

At the time of the Black Sea crash, Israeli journalists had been sounding
the alarm that two Israeli microbiologists had been recently murdered,
allegedly by terrorists. On Nov. 24 a Crossair flight from Berlin to
Zurich crashed on its landing approach. Of the 33 persons on board, 24
were killed, including the head of the hematology department at Israel's
Ichilov Hospital, as well as directors of the Tel Aviv Public Health
Department and Hebrew University School of Medicine. They were the only
Israelis on the flight. The names of those killed, as reported in a
subsequent Israeli news story but not matched to their job titles, were
Avishai Berkman, Amiramp Eldor and Yaacov Matzner.

Besides all being microbiologists, six of the seven scientists who died
within weeks of each other died from "unnatural" causes. And four of the
seven were doing virtually identical research -- research that has global,
political and financial significance.


The public relations office at the University of Miami Medical School said
only that Benito Que was a cell biologist, involved in oncology research
in the hematology department. This research relies heavily on DNA
sequencing studies. The circumstances of his death raise more questions
than they answer.

Que had left his job at a research laboratory at the University of Miami
Medical School, apparently heading for his Ford Explorer parked on NW 10th
Avenue. The Miami Herald, referring to the death as an "incident,"
reported he had no wallet on him, and quoted Miami police as saying his
death may have been the result of a mugging. Police made this statement
while at the same time saying there was a lack of visible trauma to Que's
body. There is firm belief among Que's friends and family that the PhD was
attacked by four men, at least one of whom had a baseball bat. Que's death
has now been officially ruled "natural," caused by cardiac arrest. Both
the Dade County medical examiner and the Miami Police would not comment on
the case, saying only that it is closed.


Don C. Wiley of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Harvard University,
was one of the most prominent microbiologists in the world. He had won
many of the field's most prestigious awards, including the 1995 Albert
Lasker Basic Medical Research Award for work that could make anti-viral
vaccines a reality. He was heavily involved in research on DNA sequencing.
Wiley was last seen around midnight on Nov. 15, leaving the St. Jude's
Children's Research Advisory dinner held at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis,
Tenn. Associates attending the dinner said he showed no signs of
intoxication, and no one has admitted to drinking with him.

His rented Mitsubishi Galant was found about four hours later, abandoned
on a bridge across the Mississippi River, headed towards Arkansas. Keys
were in the ignition, the gas tank full, and the hazard flashers had not
been turned on. Wiley's body was found on Dec. 20, snagged on a tree along
the Mississippi River in Vidalia, La., 300 miles south of Memphis. Until
his body was found, Dr. Wiley's death was handled as a missing person
case, and police did no forensic examinations.

Early reports about Wiley's disappearance made no mention of paint marks
on his car or a missing hubcap, which turned up in subsequent reports. The
type of accident needed to knock off the hubcaps (actually a complete
wheel cover) used on recent model Galants would have caused noticeable
damage to the sheet metal on either side of the wheel, and probably the
wheel itself. No damage to the car s body or wheel has been reported.

Wiley's car was found about a five-minute drive from the hotel where he
was last seen. There is a four-hour period in his evening that cannot be
accounted for. There is also no explanation as to why he would have been
headed into Arkansas late at night. Wiley was staying at his father's home
in Memphis.

The Hernando de Soto Bridge carries Interstate 40 out of Memphis, across
the Mississippi River into Arkansas. The traffic on the bridge was reduced
to a single lane in each direction. This would have caused westbound
traffic out of Memphis to slow down and travel in one lane. Anything in
the other two closed lanes would have been plainly obvious to every
passing person. There are no known witnesses to Wiley stopping his car on
the bridge.

On Jan. 14, almost two months after his disappearance, Shelby County
Medical Examiner O.C. Smith announced that his department had ruled Wiley
s death to be "accidental;" the result of massive injuries suffered in a
fall from the Hernando de Soto Bridge. Smith said there were paint marks
on Wiley's rental car similar to the paint used on construction signs on
the bridge, and that the car's right front hubcap was missing. There has
been no report as to which construction signs Wiley hit. There is also no
explanation as to why this evidence did not move the Memphis police to
consider possibilities other than a "missing person."

Smith theorizes that Wiley pulled over to the outermost lane of the bridge
(that lane being closed at the time) to inspect the damage to his car.
Smith's subsequent explanation for the fall requires several other things
to have occurred simultaneously:

- Wiley had to have had one of the two or three seizures he has per year
due to a rare disorder known only to family and close friends, that
seizure being brought on by use of alcohol earlier that evening;

- A passing truck creating a huge blast of wind and/or roadway bounce due
to heavy traffic; and,

- Wiley had to be standing on the curb next to the guardrail which,
because of Wiley's 6-foot-3-inch height, would have come only to his mid-thigh.

These conditions would have put Wiley's center of gravity above the rail,
and the seizure would have caused him to lose his balance as the truck
created the bounce and blast of wind, thus causing him to fall off the bridge.


Robert M. Schwartz was a founding member of the Virginia Biotechnology
Association, and the Executive Director of Research and Development at
Virginia's Center for Innovative Technology. He was extremely well
respected in biophysics, and regarded as an authority on DNA sequencing.

Co-workers became concerned when he didn't show up at his office on Dec.
10. He was later found dead at his home. Loudoun County Sheriff's
officials said Schwartz was stabbed on Dec. 8 with a sword, and had an "X"
cut into the back of his neck.

Schwartz's daughter Clara, 19, and three others have been charged in the
case. The four are said to have a fascination with fantasy worlds,
witchcraft, and the occult. Kyle Hulbert, 18, who allegedly committed the
murder, has a history of mental illness, and is reported by the Washington
Post to have killed Schwartz to prevent the murder of Clara. At the
request of Clara Schwartz's attorneys, on Feb. 13 Judge Pamela Grizzle
ordered all new evidence introduced about her role in the case to be
sealed. She also issued a temporary gag order covering the entire case on
police, prosecutors and defense attorneys.


Set Van Nguyen was found dead on Dec. 11 at the Commonwealth Scientific
and Industrial Research Organization's animal diseases facility in
Geelong, Australia.. He had worked there 15 years. According to an article
on <> by Ian Gurney, in Jan. 2001 the
magazine Nature published information that two scientists at this
facility, using genetic manipulation and DNA sequencing, had created an
incredibly virulent form of mousepox, a cousin of smallpox. The
researchers were extremely concerned that if similar manipulation could be
done to smallpox, a terrifying weapon could be unleashed.

According to Victoria Police, Nguyen died after entering a refrigerated
storage facility. "He did not know the room was full of deadly gas which
had leaked from a liquid nitrogen cooling system. Unable to breathe, Mr.
Nguyen collapsed and died," is the official report.

Nitrogen is not a "deadly" gas, and is a part of air. An extreme
over-abundance of nitrogen in one's immediate atmosphere would cause
shortness of breath, lightheadedness, and fatigue -- conditions a
biologist would certainly recognize. Additionally, a leak sufficient to
fill the room with nitrogen would set off alerts, and would be so massive
as to cause a complete loss of cooling, causing the temperature to rise,
which would also set off alerts these systems are routinely equipped with.


In 1989, Vladimir Pasechnik defected from the Former Soviet Union (FSU) to
Great Britain while on a trip to Paris. He had been the top scientist in
the FSU's bioweapons program, which is heavily dependent upon DNA
sequencing. Pasechnik's death was reported in the New York Times as having
occurred on Nov. 23.

The Times obituary indicated that the announcement of Pasechnik's death
was made in the United States by Dr. Christopher Davis of Virginia, who
stated that the cause of death was a stroke. Davis was the member of
British intelligence who de-briefed Dr. Pasechnik at the time of his
defection. Davis says he left the intelligence service in 1996, but when
asked why a former member of British intelligence would be the person
announcing the death of Pasechnik to the US media, he replied that it had
come about during a conversation with a reporter he had had a long
relationship with. The reporter Davis named is not the author of the
Times' obituary, and Davis declined to say which branch of British
intelligence he served in. No reports of Pasechnik's death appeared in
Britain for more than a month, until Dec. 29, when his obituary appeared
in the London Telegraph, which did not include a date of death.

Pasechnik spent the 10 years after his defection working at the Centre for
Applied Microbiology and Research at the UK Department of Health,
Salisbury. On Feb. 20, 2000, it was announced that, along with partner
Caisey Harlingten, Pasechnik had formed a company called Regma
Biotechnologies Ltd. Regma describes itself as "a new drug company working
to provide powerful alternatives to antibiotics." Like three other
microbiologists detailed in this article, Pasechnik was heavily involved
in DNA sequencing research. During the anthrax panic of this past fall,
Pasechnik offered his services to the British government to help in any
way possible. Despite Regma having a public relations department that has
released many items to the press over the past two years, the company has
not announced the death of one of its two founders.


On Feb. 9 the news publication reported that Victor Korshunov
had been killed. At the time, Korshunov was head of the microbiology
sub-facility at the Russian State Medical University. He was found dead in
the entrance to his home with a cranial injury. Pravda reports that
Korshunov had probably invented either a vaccine to protect against
biological weapons, or a weapon itself.

On Feb. 12 a newspaper in Norwich, England reported the previous day's
death of Ian Langford, a senior researcher at the University of East
Anglia. The story went on to say that police "were not treating the death
as suspicious." The next day, Britain's The Times reported that Langford
was found wedged under a chair "at his blood-spattered and apparently
ransacked home."

The February 12 story, from the Eastern Daily Press, reports that clerks
at a store near Langford's home claim he came in on a daily basis to buy
"a big bottle of vodka." Two of the store's staff also claim Langford had
come into the store a few days earlier wearing "just a jumper and a pair
of shoes." None of the store's staff would give their name.

It is hard to understand how a man can reach the highest levels of
achievement in a scientific field while drinking "a big bottle of vodka"
on a daily basis, and strolling around his hometown nearly nude. A Feb. 14
follow-up story from the Eastern Daily Press says police believe Langford
died after suffering "one or more falls." They say this would account for
his head injuries and large amount of blood found at the death scene.


There is another intriguing connection between three of the five American
scientists that have died. Wiley, Schwartz, and Benito Que worked for
medical research facilities that received grants from Howard Hughes
Medical Institute (HHMI). HHMI funds a tremendous number of research
programs at schools, hospitals and research facilities, and has long been
alleged to be conducting "black ops" biomedical research for intelligence
organizations, including the CIA.

Long-time biowarfare investigator Patricia Doyle, Ph.D. reports that there
is a history of people connected to HHMI being murdered. In 1994, Jose
Trias met with a friend in Houston, Texas and was planning to go public
with his personal knowledge of HHMI "front door" grants being diverted to
"back door" black ops bioresearch. The next day, Trias and his wife were
found dead in their Chevy Chase, Md. home. Chevy Chase is where HHMI is
headquartered. Police described the killings as a professional hit. Tsunao
Saitoh, who formerly worked at an HHMI-funded lab at Columbia University,
was shot to death on May 7, 1996 while sitting in his car outside his home
in La Jolla, Calif. Police also described this as a professional hit.


Early-October saw reports that British scientists were planning to exhume
the bodies of 10 London victims of the 1918 type-A flu epidemic known as
the Spanish Flu. An October 7 report In The Independent, UK said that
victims of the Spanish Flu had been victims of "the world's most deadly
virus." British scientists, according to the story, hope to uncover the
genetic makeup of the virus, making it easier to combat.

Professor John Oxford of London's Queen Mary's School of Medicine, the
British government's flu adviser, acknowledges that the exhumations and
subsequent studies will have to be done with extreme caution so the virus
is not unleashed to cause another epidemic. The uncovering of a pathogen's
genetic structure is the exact work Pasechnik was doing at Regma.
Pasechnik died six weeks after the planned exhumations were announced. The
need to exhume the bodies assumes no Type-A flu virus sample exists in any
lab anywhere in the world.

A piece on MSNBC that aired September 6 makes the British exhumation
plans seem odd. The story refers to an article that was to be published
the following day in the weekly magazine Science, reporting the 1918 flu
virus had recently been RNA sequenced. Researchers had traced down and
obtained virus samples from archived lung tissue of WWI soldiers, and
from an Inuit woman who had been buried in the Alaskan permafrost.


Almost immediately at the outset of the anthrax scare, the Bush
administration contracted with Bayer Pharmaceuticals for millions of doses
of Cipro, an antibiotic to treat anthrax. This was done despite many in
the medical community stating that there were several cheaper, better
alternatives to Cipro, which has never been shown to be effective against
inhaled anthrax. The Center for Disease Control's (CDC) own website states
a preference for the antibiotic doxycycline over Cipro for inhalation
anthrax. CDC expresses concerns that widespread Cipro use could cause
other bacteria to become immune to antibiotics.

It was announced Jan. 21 that the director of the CDC, Jeffrey Koplan, is
resigning effective March 31. Six days earlier it was announced that
Surgeon General David Satcher is also resigning. And there is currently no
director for the National Institutes of Health -- NIH is being run by an
acting director. The recent resignations leave the three most significant
medical positions in the federal government simultaneously vacant.

After three months of conflicting reports it is now official that the
anthrax that has killed several Americans since October 5 is from US
military sources connected to CIA research. The FBI has stated that only
10 people could have had access, yet at the same time they are reporting
astounding security breaches at the biowarfare facility at Fort Detrick,
Md. -- breaches such as unauthorized nighttime experiments and lab
specimens gone missing.

The militarized anthrax used by the US was developed by William C. Patrick
III, who holds five classified patents on the process. He has worked at
both Fort Detrick, and the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. Patrick is now
a private biowarfare consultant to the military and CIA. Patrick developed
the process by which anthrax spores could be concentrated at the level of
one trillion spores per gram. No other country has been able to get
concentrations above 500 billion per gram. The anthrax that was sent
around the eastern US last fall was concentrated at one trillion spores
per gram, according to a Jan. 31 report by Barbara Hatch Rosenberg of the
Federation of American Scientists.

In recent years Patrick has worked with Kanatjan Alibekov. Now known by
the Americanized "Ken Alibek", he defected to the US in 1992. Before
defecting, Alibek was the no. 2 man in the FSU's biowarfare program. His
boss was Vladimir Pasechnik.

Currently, Ken Alibek is President of Hadron Advanced Biosystems, a
subsidiary of Alexandria, Va.-based Hadron, Inc. Hadron describes itself
as a company specializing in the development of technical solutions for
the intelligence community. As chief scientist at Hadron, Alibek gave
extensive testimony to the House Armed Services Committee about biological
weapons on Oct. 20, 1999, and again on May 23, 2000. Hadron announced on
Dec. 20 that as of that date, the company had received $12 million in
funding for medical biodefense research from the Defense Advanced Research
Projects Agency, the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, and
the NIH. Hadron said it was working in the field of non-specific immunity.

In the 1980s Hadron was founded and headed by Dr. Earl Brian, a medical
doctor and crony of Ronald Reagan and an associate of former Attorney
General Edwin Meese. Brian was convicted in the 1980s on fraud charges.
Both Hadron and Brian have been closely associated in court documents and
numerous credible reports, confirmed since Sept. 11, with the theft of
enhanced PROMIS software from its owner, the INSLAW Corporation. PROMIS
is a highly sophisticated computer program capable of integrating a wide
variety of databases. The software has reportedly been mated in recent
years with artificial intelligence. PROMIS has long been known to have
been modified by intelligence agencies with a back door that allows for
surreptitious retrieval of stored data. [For more information on what
PROMIS can do and its history, please use the search engine at

Given this unique capability, and Hadron s prior connections to PROMIS, it
is a possibility that the software, by tapping into databases used by each
of the victims, could have identified any lines of research that
threatened to compromise a larger, and as yet unidentified, more sinister
covert operation.


The DNA sequencing work by several of the microbiologists discussed
earlier is aimed at developing drugs that will fight pathogens based on
the pathogen's genetic profile. The work is also aimed at eventually
developing drugs that will work in cooperation with a person's genetic
makeup. Theoretically, a drug could be developed for one specific person.
That being the case, it's obvious that one could go down the ladder, and a
drug could be developed to effectively treat a much broader class of
people sharing a genetic marker. The entire process can also be turned
around to develop a pathogen that will affect a broad class of people
sharing a genetic marker. A broad class of people sharing a genetic marker
could be a group such as a race, or people with brown eyes.


An Oct. 17 story in USA Today reported that the US government wanted to
order 300 million doses of smallpox vaccine. Apparently, that wish has
been granted. On Nov. 28 a British vaccine maker, Acambis, announced that
it had received a $428 million contract to provide 155 million doses of
smallpox vaccine to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
This was Acambis' second contract. The company is already in the process
of producing 54 million doses. The US government has 15.4 million doses
stockpiled, and HHS plans to dilute them five to one. The two contracts
and the dilution program will bring the total HHS stockpile to 286 million

Smallpox was officially declared eradicated by the World Health
Organization in 1977, after treating the last known case in Merca, Somalia.


A meeting of the Center for Law and the Public Health (CLPH) was convened
on Oct. 5. This group is run jointly by Georgetown University Law School
and Johns Hopkins Medical School, and was founded under the auspices of
the Center for Disease Control (CDC). CLPH was formed one month prior to
the 2000 Presidential election. The purpose of the October meeting was to
draft legislation to respond to the then current bioterrorism threat.

After working only 18 days, on Nov. 23 CLPH released a 40-page document
called the Model Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA). This was a "model"
law that HHS is suggesting be enacted by the 50 states to handle future
public health emergencies such as bioterrorism. A revised version was
released on Dec. 21 containing more specific definitions of "public health
emergency" as it pertains to bioterrorism and biologic agents, and
includes language for those states that want to use the act for chemical,
nuclear or natural disasters.

According to the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS),
after declaring a "public health emergency", and without consulting with
public health authorities, law enforcement, the legislature or courts, a
state governor using MEHPA, or anyone he/she decides to empower, can among
many things:

- Require any individual to be vaccinated. Refusal constitutes a crime and
will result in quarantine.

- Require any individual to undergo specific medical treatment. Refusal
constitutes a crime and will result in quarantine.

- Seize any property, including real estate, food, medicine, fuel or
clothing, an official thinks necessary to handle the emergency.

- Seize and destroy any property alleged to be hazardous. There will be no
compensation or recourse.

- Draft you or your business into state service.

- Impose rationing, price controls, quotas and transportation controls.

- Suspend any state law, regulation or rule that is thought to interfere
with handling the declared emergency.

When the federal government wanted the states to enact the 55 mph speed
limit, they coerced the states using the threat of withholding federal
monies. The same tactic will likely be used with MEHPA. As of this writing
the law has been passed in Kentucky. According to AAPS, it has been
introduced in the legislatures of Arizona, California, Delaware, Illinois,
Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New
Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. It is expected
to be introduced shortly in Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, and
Wisconsin. MEHPA is being evaluated by the executive branches in North
Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Washington, DC.

The research the microbiologists were doing could have developed methods
of treating diseases like anthrax and smallpox without conventional
antibiotics or vaccines. Pharmaceutical contracts to deal with these
diseases will total hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars. If
epidemics could be treated in non-traditional ways, MEHPA might not be
necessary. Considering the government's actions nullifying many civil
liberties since last September, MEHPA seems to be a law looking for an
excuse to be enacted. Maybe the microbiologists were in the way of some
peoples' or business' agendas.

We also know that DNA sequencing research can be used to develop pathogens
that target specific genetically related groups. One company, DynCorp,
handles data processing for many federal agencies, including the CDC, the
Department of Agriculture, several branches of the Department of Justice,
the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NIH. On Nov. 12 DynCorp
announced that its subsidiary, DynPort Vaccine, had been awarded a $322
million contract to develop, produce, test, and store FDA licensed
vaccines for use by the Defense Department. It would be incredibly easy
for DynCorp to hide information pertaining to the exact make-up, safety,
efficacy and purpose of the drugs and vaccines the US government has
contracted for.

Reasons to suspect DynCorp of criminal behavior are not hard to find.
Investigative reporter Kelly O Meara of Insight Magazine, in a story dated
February 4, disclosed a massive US military investigation of how DynCorp
employees in Bosnia had engaged in a widespread sex slave ring, trading
children as young as eight and videotaping forced sexual encounters. She
reviewed government documents and interviewed Army investigators looking
into the activities which had spread throughout DynCorp s contract
operations to service helicopters and warehouse supplies for the US
military. Videos and other evidence of the crimes are in the Army s
possession. And in a February 23rd story, veteran journalist Al Giordano
of <> reported that a class
action suit had been filed in Washington, D.C. by more than 10,000
Ecuadorian farmers and a labor union against DynCorp for its rampant
spraying of herbicides which have destroyed food crops, weakened the
ecosystem and caused more than 1,100 documented cases of illness.

DynCorp s current Chairman, Paul Lombardi responded to the suit by sending
intimidating letters in an unsuccessful attempt to force the plaintiffs to

DynCorp has also been directly linked to the development and use of PROMIS
software by its founder Bill Hamilton of Inslaw. DynCorp s former
Chairman, current board member and the lead investor in Capricorn
Holdings, is Herbert Pug Winokur. Winokur was, until recently, Chairman of
the Enron Finance Committee. He claimed ignorance as to the fraudulent
financial activities of Enron s board even though he was charged with
their oversight.