Just posting this for the benefit of anyone who is interested,
I do not vouch for the factuality of this post, which I am only
Alan Van Arsdale
"Isn't it interesting that Bush is for a recount or revote in the
Ukraine, but not in the US? (But of course, there was voter fraud
THERE, not HERE!) Anyway, here's the 'amazing' facts (not unknown to
many of us)-Joy '68
Did you know....
1.. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only
two companies: Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or
oversight of the U.S. voting machine industry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign
organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to
helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next
5. 35% of ES&S is owned by Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who
became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, a long-time friend of the
Bush family, was caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the
Senate Ethics Committee.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S.
and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper
trail of any votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that
the data coming out of the machine is the same as what was
legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket
machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employs 5 convicted felons as developers. These are
the people who write the voting machine computer code.
13. Diebold's Senior Vice-President, Jeff Dean, was convicted of
23 counts of felony theft in the first degree.
14. Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was convicted of
planting back doors in his software and using a "high degree of
sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in
the polls in Ohio.
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because the
security was so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs
could not be hacked.
17. 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on unverifiable touch
screen voting machines with no paper trail.
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors
and reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican
19. Florida's governor, Jeb is Bush's brother.
20. Major voting anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring
Bush -- have been mathematically demonstrated and questioned by